Our cannabis team provides extensive experience as business attorneys and offers life cycle services to its cannabis clients through our seasoned counsel and invaluable stakeholder connections. Our team closely monitors the policy and regulatory developments in New York’s emerging cannabis industry so that our clients have the knowledge and information to be able to lawfully participate in the same. We represent savvy business clients from start-ups to industry titans on a host of issues and actively engage with partners in government affairs, public relations, marketing and business planning to ensure the very best results in navigating the developing regulatory scheme of New York’s cannabis industry. We advise our clients on a vast array of business and corporate matters, including those ancillary businesses involving hemp, CBD and medical and adult-use marijuana.
Our team will advise clients on the best strategy to secure a license from the Cannabis Control Board (“Board”) based on the client’s goals, proposed business and location and other unique circumstances as well as correspond with the Board throughout the application process . Our services encompass the following:
- Entity formation, governance and capital raising and investment activities;
- Licensing and regulatory compliance;
- Negotiating and drafting corporate agreements, including agency, licensing, distribution, service and product agreements;
- Employment and labor matters, including employment agreements, training and disputes;
- Commercial transactions, including due diligence, mergers, acquisitions and financing;
- Real property acquisition, leasing, and construction, including zoning and land use issues; and
- Intellectual property protection and licensing.