Like great in-house counsel to institutional businesses, we pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ business operations, goals and challenges so we can deliver creative, business-savvy solutions to protect them and help them thrive. We represent a variety of businesses and entrepreneurs from household name publicly traded enterprises, middle market companies, family offices, mutual and hedge funds to closely-held and family owned businesses, start-up ventures and not-for-profit corporations.
We engage deeply with our clients to learn as much as we can about their business. With that knowledge, we analyze their unique challenges so we can develop strategies to meet their goals effectively and efficiently. We have extensive experience providing the following services:
- Entity Formation – selection and formation of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, business trusts and associations.
- Corporate Governance – compliance with corporate formalities, review and updating corporate records to bring into compliance, and programs for for-profit and not-for-profit entities.
- Business Finance – assistance executing on traditional bank financing, government-guaranteed loans, seed investment, venture capital and private equity financing, and issuance of debt and equity securities.
- Mergers & Acquisitions – draft, negotiate and execute asset and equity purchases and sales, divestitures, reorganizations, spin-offs, recapitalizations, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Corporate Agreements – draft, negotiate and review and revise agency, SaaS, licensing, distribution, service, vendor, consulting and product agreements.
- Dispute Resolution – counsel on shareholder, member and management disputes and often litigate these claims in state and federal courts on behalf of businesses and owners.
- Intellectual Property – draft, negotiate and assist with assignments, licensing agreements, trademarks and copyrights and associated filings.
- Securities – compliance with security regulations, draft, negotiate and execute private placements, fund formation, crowd funding and debt/equity investments and assist with Security Exchange Commission filing.