The Firm’s real estate team routinely counsels clients on the purchase, sale, construction, development and leasing of investment and commercial properties. Our clients range from small real estate investors to large-scale builders and developers. We also regularly work with institutional and private lenders independently or in conjunction with our real estate and development efforts. Our representation includes:
- Drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, office, retail, manufacturing and residential leases, sale/leasebacks, PILOT agreements, easements, licenses, access agreements, rights of first refusal and first offer and declarations of restrictive covenants.
- Representing borrowers and lenders with acquisition loans, construction loans, land development loans and refinancing as well as loan work out and mortgage foreclosure matters.
- Representing investors and developers in forming acquisition and investment entities, drafting and revising operating and subscription agreements and compliance with complex securities laws related to fundraising.
- Assisting developers and builders with the development and construction of large-scale retail, commercial, housing, office, municipal and utility projects with acquisition, entitlement, and planning, as well as drafting and negotiating construction contracts, obtaining necessary municipal approvals, and maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Assisting investors, fund managers and Opportunity Zone Business capitalize on the benefits provided by the Opportunity Zones program that began in 2017. We have set up funds, drafted extensive private placement memorandums for clients raising capital and assisted with the acquisition and entitlement of Qualified Opportunity Zone real estate. We ensure our clients remain compliant so that they can benefit from the full range of economic and tax incentives.
- Prosecute and defend real property claims, including breach of contract, commercial and residential evictions, real property tax assessment review proceedings as well as adverse possession and property line dispute claims.
Our attorneys bring their experienced legal skills to bear for our clients and combine them with business acumen, personal experience in real estate development and understanding of and experience dealing with various stakeholders from the inception through stabilization of projects. We truly enjoy working on real estate and development projects and invite you to call us to further discuss your needs.