This past December, The Wagoner Team facilitated the successful acquisition of Delmar’s … Read More about Good news!
Welcome to The Wagoner Firm
The Wagoner Firm is an award-winning boutique business law firm that delivers exceptional value to its clients and creates raving fans. We do that by using our extensive legal and business knowledge and adapt it to your unique business operations. We focus on developing long-term relationships and strategies from day one and execute on it to achieve your goals. Our aim is to grow with you and develop a trusted, enjoyable relationship.
In addition to our In-House Counsel Experience, The Wagoner Firm offers a full suite of practice areas.
Click on each area to view more details.
Legal Experts with Business Acumen
We truly believe that your business deserves more than just another legal advisor. It deserves expert business attorneys that treat your business as if it was their own. And it deserves bottom-line advice based on your specific goals and the right legal strategies to achieve them. We explore how our clients operate their businesses so we can collaborate with them to maximize their profit and minimize risk. We understand our role and know that our job is not to run your business or make decisions for you, but rather to identify risks, provide your options and our suggested path forward and to forcefully execute your directives. Our direct and transparent approach has built deep and longstanding business relationships because our clients know we care and we get results.
From high-stakes business transactions to bet-the-business litigation, our seasoned New York business attorneys can provide expert advice on multiple levels, including:
- Complex Litigation. We have successfully represented publicly-traded companies and business owners in high-stakes litigation in federal and state courts and arbitration throughout the country. We are trial lawyers, and our adversaries understand that we are tactical, aggressive and expect to win.
- Business Law. We have helped clients sell and acquire businesses for tens of millions of dollars. From formation through acquisition, we draft and review contracts, protect your intellectual property, conduct due diligence and protect our clients’ businesses.
- Commercial Real Estate and Development. Our clients have bought and entitled real estate for projects budgeted in the hundreds of millions of dollars. And we routinely assist them with their commercial leases, acquisitions and sales and financing needs. In addition, we provide outside counsel to banks and private lenders.
- Securities Law. We advise issuers, investors, private equity funds, venture capital firms and hedge funds on compliance with blue sky and federal securities laws. We advise on common, preferred and founder stock as well as secured, unsecured and convertible debt in deals valued in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Reviewing contracts and verifying the enforceability of key provisions.
- Energy. We have assisted clients in a vast array of energy businesses and projects that involve legal and contractual guidance as well as regulatory and litigation support from solar array installations to natural gas power plant acquisitions. We work side-by-side with the most sophisticated parties and counterparties to reach our clients’ goals.
- Cannabis. We’ve helped clients with CBD and medical cannabis license applications and work with a host of companies from seed to sale to apply for and operate adult-use cannabis operations and supporting industries.
- Cryptocurrency. Our attorneys have worked on some of the most sophisticated and advanced blockchain and cryptocurrency related technologies in the world for some of the largest companies in the space. We advised clients acquiring licenses to operate within the US and New York, launching ETFs for cryptocurrency trading, offering non-fungible tokens (NFTs), forming and operating decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), initial coin offerings (ICOs) and defended clients before the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Our team remains at the forefront of securities regulation and blockchain technology.
- Estate Planning. We guide clients through all phases of estate planning and administration with a focus on preserving their assets and wealth and minimizing taxable events.
Learn More About Our In House Counsel Experience
Traditional in-house law firms are costly and most businesses cannot afford or do not have the demand for a full-time attorney on staff. Let our team of experienced attorneys be the solution. Our trademarked approach offers clients customized packages that meet your business’s developing legal needs. Under the In-House Counsel Experience, you will receive our full spectrum of legal services for a modest monthly fee. Let us help your company navigate the complete business life cycle from the earliest stages of a start-up through operating agreements, employee and contractor relations, transactional matters, intellectual property and competitive protection, mergers, acquisitions, and more. We pride ourselves on anticipating and providing cost-efficient, streamlined solutions to small to mid-sized businesses like yours. Contact us today.
Business Evolves. So Do We.
The business landscape is rapidly evolving. For instance, the legalization of recreational marijuana in New York, the surging cryptocurrency industry, and the evolving energy sector have created a demand for new goods, services and investment opportunities. To explore and benefit from these new sectors, you need help from an equally dynamic and unconventional business law firm.At The Wagoner Firm, our entire team has an entrepreneurial and forward-thinking mindset with a mastery of the applicable laws. We have helped clients navigate the emerging regulatory requirements of the cannabis industry, led clients through the minefield of cryptocurrency regulation, assisted clients with setting up nine-figure opportunity zone funds and managed sophisticated projects related to natural gas and solar energy deals by fortune 100 companies.
If you’re exploring these markets or a new industry, we would love to talk to you about working together to turn your vision into a reality. Whether we work on a project basis or through our flagship In-House Counsel Experience our team will meet your needs in a skilled, professional and cost-effective manner.
We had a fun time last Thursday evening touring Ironwood Cannabis Farm in Saratoga. The … Read More about The Wagoner Firm Attends Ironwood Cannabis Farm Tour
On June 22, 2022, Governor Kathy Hochul announced and appointed Social Equity Impact … Read More about Governor Hochul Announces Investment Team to Manage $200 Million New York Social Equity Cannabis Investment Fund